Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crazy Taxi, Sega Sans Offspring

Speaking of game soundtracks, listen to this:

A couple months ago I purchased the Dreamcast Collection for my Xbox 360 and, though I have yet to try either Sega Bass Fishing or Space Channel 5 Part 2, I've been enjoying the opportunity to play through Sonic Adventure, something I missed way back when. It's not perfect, not by any means, but still an interesting time warp. Of course, rounding out the collection is Crazy Taxi, one of my personal favorites and a game I had mastered on the PS2. Unfortunately, my disc for the PS2 version is no longer in working condition, so I purchased this retrospective as a way of replacing it (and getting a few extra games thrown in for fun). Much to my chagrin, however, the Offspring/Bad Religion soundtrack had been completely replaced with generic punk rock. Now, I'm not particularly a fan of either band outside of Crazy Taxi, but within that world I enjoy them tremendously. Replacing them changes the dynamics of the game in a strange, unique way. Sure, the game plays just the same, but nevertheless, something is irretrievably lost without these diddies. Not to mention, all the advertising is gone. Who knew I would miss crazy sliding into Pizza Hut?

1 comment:

  1. There must be a name for the phenomenon of certain things taking away from our nostalgic experiences. I also have failed to fully appreciate Axel's airbrushed abs.

    ReplyDelete

You're on the mike, what's your beef?