Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thrasher Presents: Thrasher's Top Ten Video Games, Part Three

Moments ago, Chicken Man picked the Hitman series in his own ongoing video game countdown. Within that piece he astutely highlighted the excellent soundtrack for those games, composed by the great Jesper Kyd. In keeping with that theme for today, I'd like to continue the trend by inducting another game scored by Kyd into the Thrasher Canon, so to speak.

But first, a quick review of the games I've selected thus far, and then on to today's pick:

Crazy Taxi
(PS2)
NHLPA '93 (SNES)

Freedom Fighters (PS2)

And if I had to, was forced to, choose just one game from my list, if I was the kind of fellow to rank 'em, this just might be number one. No wonder I gave it the coveted Thrasher's Choice Award and unapologetically gushed over it in my review. Everything about this game amazes me. From the aforementioned soundtrack, to the level design, to the controls, to the atmosphere, to the simple/complex dynamics of the squad combat, this very well might be my all-time favorite. Unsurprisingly, the people over at Io Interactive (the same people who put out those top-notch Hitman games Chicken Man so understandably loves) know what they're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're on the mike, what's your beef?