Monday, February 6, 2012

Thrasher Presents: Thrasher's Top Ten Video Games, Part One

Listing is always an arbitrary business, but it can be done with plenty of aplomb and good humor. Like many things from Code Redd Net, you can trust that my lists will make no concessions to either comprehensiveness or objectivity. Both are, in my estimation, nearly impossible, one, and two, simply uninteresting. This way I can keep our honesty intact by continuing to call out our blatant bias, all while still having as much as possible with these silly things. Not only that, but you may learn something about the CRN staff in the process.

Now, having said that, let's get down to listing my Top Ten Video Games. First, a few Honorable Mentions: The World is Not Enough (N64), GoldenEye 007 (N64), Tiny Toons ACME All-Stars (Genesis), NBA Jam T.E. (Genesis), Winback: Covert Operations (PS2).


NHLPA Hockey '93 (SNES)

I'm certainly not a hockey fan, but this game is as smooth as butter. Super-tight controls and varied action are the main points here, plus the fights in this game are hilarious. Not as deep as many sports games would become (you essentially have an exhibition mode and a tournament mode to choose from), but few can rival its core replayability. And I'm still trying to figure out why I keep getting called for icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're on the mike, what's your beef?