Wednesday, February 8, 2012

For Your Viewing Pleasure, Chickenman's Top Ten Video Games (Part 2)


Yesterday, I started out with the original The Sims (my preferred format being the PC, if that wasn't clear) to kick off my list. Today, I wanted to take it in a slightly different direction.
If I may, I'd like to clarify this as the collective Star Wars: Battlefront as well as Battlefront II, since they are so similar. And yet they are distinct with each having unique maps, as well as the latter having playable Jedi characters and space battles.
One does not need to be a big Star Wars fan to enjoy these titles; the gameplay offers fine third-person shooting, hands-on battle strategy (it often seems that strategy games offer no ground level tactics, as these do), and vehicular combat. But if one is a fan of the series, these are must-own and the best games based on it that I know of. If you really want to impress a small kid who thinks his Lego Star Wars is the bomb, have him play this.

Honorable mentions (in this category):
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (N64), Star Wars: Battle for Naboo (N64), Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS2)

1 comment:

You're on the mike, what's your beef?