Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Highlights from E3: Assassin's Creed III


After being in the Holy Land during the Crusades and Renaissance Italy, Assassin's Creed III takes things to the American colonies in the late 1770s. I'm excited to see how this piece of historical fiction coincides with actual events, as I am more familiar with this era than the previous two. Also, one of the things I especially like is the fact that the title character is Native American. With the mystique and combat possibilities that Native American folklore could offer in a video game I am baffled as to why I haven't seen more major games featuring them.

Another thing that I would like to see is naval combat with this era's technology. Good thing this game has that as well:

Full disclosure here: I have actually only played the first Assassin's Creed and it was immensely enjoyable (except for the sitting through cut scenes). Fortunately, it also offers offline players with the curse of completionism that ability to do just that. Unfortunately, the tougher achievements have to do with finding hidden objects that are randomly planted in large environments, which is not always my idea of fun. What was fun, however, was the fact that it combined stealth, parkour, and interesting environments with a great presentation. So, I know I like the first game.

I feel as though my limited exposure leaves me unable to make comments about the series as a whole. However, this one looks good. It is scheduled to be available October 30, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're on the mike, what's your beef?